Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bed & Breakfast









This is where I spent last weekend. The Grand Victorian Bed & Breakfast in Belaire, Michigan! 

Seriously, I have not been so relaxed in a very long time! 




This was our room. The "Queen Ann" room. It was so delightful. Fireplace, old victorian chairs and loveseat. and that bed was so comfy! Every day the host left us treats on our bed! 
I can't stand the cuteness!!!! (and the deliciousness!) 


Matt and I had no plans or expectations for the weekend except to eat good food and relax! We did just that! We walked down the street to downtown Belaire which is so big that if you blink you will miss it! Although the town has a lot to offer in a small space! cute stores, delicious restaurants, ice cream places! So cute! 

We explored around the B&B and this was one of the parlor areas! 


We ate a delicious dinner our first night in town after exploring and then went back and sat on the porch and drank coffee and ate our treats left for us for dessert! 

The next morning we woke up and sipped coffee in our room before breakfast! 


The breakfast both mornings was AMAZING! Seriously. To Die for! I want to live in this place all the time! I told them I was moving in! 


Saturday Matt and I heard at breakfast about this huge antique show happening even further north. After breakfast we hopped in the car on the hunt for this antique haven! We drove along lake Michigan and I kind of fell in love with Michigan even more. Until we got there and it was FREEZING and I remembered why Michigan and I have a love/hate relationship! 

We shopped around and I wished I had a house to decorate with all the antiques I could find! I had my dream home all planned out and decorated in my head before we left there! We came home with an antique crate I had been eyeing. 

We stopped on our drive home at a gourmet deli and got some lunch and enjoyed our food in this beautiful spot! 



OKay seriously... my husband is a stud! 

It's the end of cherry season up north so we stopped and picked up some fresh cherries and enjoyed them for dessert the rest of our drive back to the B&B. 



We arrived back at the B&B and I took a 2 hour nap! aaahhhh..... 

That night we went to Short's Brewing company in downtown Belaire! I ordered so much food I don't know what I was thinking!! I ordered 2 separate appetizers! HAHA! Our B&B was part of the "mug club" at the brewery so we got $1 off our beers and got to drink out of these handmade mugs! 

Seriously. I needed this weekend! Great third Anniversary celebration with my love! 




Stay tuned within the next couple days for a guest post from Cristina at Sundae Brunch Blog!!!!! You're not going to want to miss this post! Seriously... I've seen the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment