Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Thoughts




Today at church, our sermon was a challenge to me. The speaker spoke on 1 Corinthians 16. The verse that stood out to me the most was 1 Corinthians 16: 14 "Do Everything in Love". 

I strive to live my life this way. At times, it is extremely difficult to love our neighbors. I know in my job, where all I do is care for people, it can become more like a job... and dealing with people can sometimes be exhausting and very trying to say the least.

Today, I thought about how I need to make it a part of my life to genuinely love people as God has called us to, in every aspect of my life. In my marriage, with my parents, friendships, and even with my patients and their families... 

 This past weekend, we entertained a lot. I genuinely love to host people in our home. I love to cook and bake and make things look cute to make people feel loved and to bless others through food, drink and conversation.In our society, gathering around a table is when we come together. It's when our lives stop for a few minutes and we can communicate with one another to build relationships. 

The dream would be to open a bed and breakfast, or a bakery/coffee shop where I could do this all day every day.. to make people feel loved through food and conversation. 

I guess where I am going with this is, to challenge others to find a way to love others. To Love God, and Love People as we are challenged to do. 





Have a lovely and relaxing Sunday! 

We are relaxing after a weekend of entertaining. I start my new job tomorrow in the Emergency Room! Wish me luck! 

1 comment: