Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy Weekend



Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is  as beautiful as ours! It's 68 degrees and sunny here today and I LOVE IT!!! I got the jeans out of the closet and a scarf and now it feels like it's fall. 

Matt and I had a date night in last night. I made a hearty dinner. Meatloaf and roasted red potatoes, brussel sprouts and red onion. I chopped up the veggies, drizzled with vegetable oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano. It was delicious! 

We watched My Week With Marilyn and Lovely, Still. Both movies were fantastic! Lovely, Still literally made me cry like a baby. I'm talking The Notebook style tears here. So good. I highly recommend it to anyone, but especially those who are married. 

Right now I'm scouring pinterest trying to make my meal plan for the week. 

So far this is what we have: 

pork chops and baked beans 
(because we have some in the freezer that need to be eaten) 
Tacos with homemade salsa 
(i told you, Mexican once a week) 
Fancy Stir Fry
(I will share this recipe sometime, so yummy!)
Broccoli cheddar potato soup 
(because it's literally 68 degrees today and feels like fall and I want soup!)
Vegetable stew and cornmeal dumplings
(a new recipe I found here)
Bean Soup
(because it's delicious and healthy) 

Lots of soups and stews. I tend to go a little crazy when the weather cools and I can start making these of my favorite recipes! 

So that's whats on the menu for this week. 

This week Matt started back to school and he's going full speed ahead into that! He's going to do some homework today and I am going out to a few of my favorite stores. Anthrolopogie, World Market, Target and Joann fabrics. We're on a tight budget so I'll be doing a lot of window shopping (aka holding myself back) and I'm going to spend some money at Joann's because I'm in crafting mode. Stay tuned for some craft project posts and recipe posts this week! 

Tomorrow Matt and I are going to the church we decided on. We have visited about 10 churches since moving and it has been quite the daunting process. I started reading the book Crazy Love yesterday and started crying into my Pumpkin Spice Latte in the middle of Starbucks. It's  a challenging book and I highly recommend it! 


What are you doing this weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. Hello and thanks for the comment on my blog. So lovely when people stop off while they're passing through. How was the Marilyn movie? It's out on DVD here just this past week and I have been keen to see it. I missed it at the movies. It had such a short run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog & its lovely.

    ReplyDelete